When you visit Marshall, your health depends on Marshall’s commitment to quality care. We’re routinely recognized in the top tier of hospitals in California, and we’re always striving to improve. Our patients and their families also speak up, routinely sending in notes of thanks and praise for the amazing care they received. We’ve selected a few to share below.
First, how we rate according to various organizations that objectively evaluate healthcare quality.
- The California Hospital Assessment and Reporting Taskforce, or CHART, compiles a number of state and national data to arrive at its findings. Highlights of Marshall’s most recent performance indicators include:
- Superior rating: Preventable readmissions
- Superior rating: Heart Attack quality of care
- Superior rating: Breastfeeding rate
- Superior rating: Pneumonia mortality rate
- For the complete CHART report, visit www.calhospitalcompare.org
- The Institute for Medical Quality, a subsidiary of the California Medical Association, awarded Marshall the 2007 Samuel R. Sherman, MD award for linkage of Continuing Medical Education and Performance Improvement, demonstrated by Marshall’s breast cancer and stroke programs.
- Marshall's Cancer Program is accredited by the American College of Surgeons - Committee on Cancer.
- Marshall's Level III Trauma Center is verified by the American College of Surgeons - Committee on Trauma.
Awards provide evidence of the quality care we provide; hearing from our patients about their experiences means even more. Here are a few selected comments from our patients and their families about the care they received at Marshall Medical Center:
- The nurses, doctors, dietary staff and all of Marshall Medical Center were wonderful. This is a hospital staffed with angels, who are so caring for both patient and family. They took loving care of my husband of 62-years and went beyond the extra mile of caregivers. He was on palliative care for seven days and all your loving hands cared for him. God bless you all.
- Unfortunately, I’ve had four surgeries in the past two years. Fortunately, they have all been at Marshall and I love the staff. It’s almost like you have to pass a niceness test to work here!
- The Community Health Library is wonderful and the people there are so kind and helpful to me. I had many questions about the issues I have. I learned so much about the condition, so I can make more informed choices. I feel so fortunate that I live in a community that has a medical library staffed by such wonderful people. (note, the Community Health Library is located at 681 Main Street in Placerville – the Wilkinson Hupcey building and former “midtown Mall”.
- My wife and I were very pleased by the expert, professional and friendly care she received during her stay. Your staff sets a high standard for other hospitals to follow.
- I attended a diabetes class and the instructor was great. She tells you how it is, but doesn’t talk down to you. She never makes you feel your questions are dumb, and she answers them completely. She’s also very understanding and eager to work with you. I’ve found all of Marshall’s staff in each department has been wonderful. You hire the best.