The Library is now open at its new location in Cameron Park:
|3581 Palmer Drive, Suite 101
Phone: (530) 626-2778
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
(Library hours are subject to change due to meetings and events--please feel free to phone us to confirm open hours on the day of your visit.)
|Our Mission is to promote health and individual responsibility, support informed decision making, and improve communication between healthcare consumers and providers by providing a wide range of health, wellness medical information.
The Community Health Library
- is a public library serving community members and healthcare providers, free of charge.
- offers 5000 resources including books for adults and children, journals, CDs & DVDs in English and Spanish - all available for free loan. Topics include: nutrition, mental health, fitness, dementia, pregnancy, caregiving, aging, children's health, and complementary therapies.
- shares an online catalog with El Dorado County Library: www.eldoradolibrary.org.
- conducts literature searches for community members, medical center employees, and physicians.
- provides three computers with privacy screens and free internet access to reliable health information. Staff is available at all times to assist.
- provides free access to the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database, Professional Version. Data includes levels of effectiveness, interactions, and links to relevant studies in PubMed.
- serves as a referral point for health related support groups and community resources.
- is a member of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NLM). Benefits include fast and free access to full-text medical journal articles for healthcare providers.
Materials available in the Community Health Library do not imply approval or recommendation by the library or Marshall Medical Center.