Each year our hearts are touched by the courageous spirit of those who evoke an unequalled contribution in the quest to help others.
This award recognizes the exemplary role of those who count it an honor to serve.
JUDITH L. "JUDIE" STEWART
Judie began a journey as a zealous volunteer that continues today. As a result, she has made a tremendous impact and displayed great compassion toward her community!
Through helping to support “programs that care for people,” some of Judie’s accomplishments include:
- Supporter of Marshall Foundation and Marshall Medical Center for two decades
- Judie’s passion for helping cancer patients developed during the illness of her best friend, Janet Nachtman. Judie was instrumental in beginning The Janet Nachtman Fund at Marshall Foundation that now provides free mammograms for those who are unable to afford the cost of screening
- Creator of the Threads of Life Quilt Auction event that benefits the Cancer Resource Center at Marshall Medical Center
- Leadership as a Team Captain for the Relay for Life event over multiple years that celebrates survivors and raises funds for The American Cancer Society
- Contributor of artistic floral talents for Marshall Premiere Night events for 10 years
- A passionate and dedicated volunteer for Marshall’s Cancer Resource Center
- Committed volunteer for the El Dorado Community Foundation Women’s Fund
- Creator of floral design classes for the community
- Generous contributor to churches, high schools, nonprofits and the Soroptimist, Rotary and Kiwanis Clubs
- Works with wedding parties to demonstrate how they can save money during these tough economic times
In her pursuit to serve others through community projects over the years…..
We believe that Judie’s life is extraordinary, valiant and worthy of the 2009 Helping Hands Outstanding “Individual” Award.
Marshall Foundation for Community Health - P.O. Box 1996, Placerville, CA 95667