2009 Helping Hands Outstanding “Corporate” Award
Michael W. Jones, MD and Kenneth E. Nelson, MD
OB/GYN Physicians Group
Each day numerous corporations make a difference in their diversified contributions to local charities. This award recognizes support that demonstrates an
admirable example to others.
As a partner in health care, Drs. Jones and Nelson have made a significant impact on their community.
They have provided exceptional support of “programs that care for people.”
The commitment of Drs. Jones and Nelson to Marshall Foundation and the community is commendable and makes a difference each and every day.
- Doctors Jones and Nelson were the leading physicians in support of the expansion project for a new birthing center at Marshall Hospital.
- They are among the most highly respected physicians at Marshall Medical Center.
- Their patients sing their praises and their care is outstanding and highly individualized. Each patient feels as if they are the only one being treated that day!
- Combined direct cash support to Marshall Foundation of $109,820 for healthcare programs and services
- Generous local support of the Placerville 7th-Day Adventist Church and the El Dorado Adventist School
- Consistent supporter of International Adventist Development and Relief Agency
- Mt. Democrat Award for “Best Physician for 2009” (Dr. Jones).
- Contribution of surgical services in Malamulo Hospital, Malawi, Africa (Dr. Jones)
- Generous Supporter of Habitat for Humanity, The Food Bank of El Dorado County, The Center for Violence Free Relationships and the Red Cross support for the homeless as well as 9/11 and Haiti disaster relief.
It is exemplary and most worthy of the 2009 Outstanding Corporate Award.
Marshall Foundation for Community Health - P.O. Box 1996, Placerville, CA 95667