Every day we hear about someone in our community who needs help. And we know that there are numerous charities that could use our financial support, but how can just one person really make a difference? We have heard it said, “I’m just one person and I have to watch my dollars and where they get spent. I’d really like to do more, but don’t know how I’d be able to do that.”
Somewhere around Thanksgiving or Christmas our mailboxes are filled with letters of worthy organizations asking for our support. Some of them we know personally. These health-related charities need our support, but at that time of year there is a great demand on our dollars. So we simply either throw the letter in the trash or put it aside thinking that maybe around January things will look better.
The reality of life is:
ONE PERSON…can make a difference everyday
How? By partnering with your co-worker who also wants to help…..someone who also wants to make a difference. Today, the County of El Dorado and its employees are great leaders in their community. In tough economic times, we know that great leaders emerge when a crisis occurs.
In the lives of people who achieve great success, we read repeatedly of terrible troubles that forced them to rise above the commonplace. Not only do they find the answers, but they also discover a tremendous power within themselves. When circumstances seem to overcome, when economic times are rough, our tenacious spirit will find a way rise above the forces of adversity.
El Dorado County employees have an unusual opportunity to make a significant difference by supporting the “Employees for a Healthier Community” campaign – a concept developed within our own community to help us all. 100% of each donation goes to support this campaign with no administration cost. All donations will stay within El Dorado County. Funds raised in South Lake Tahoe will stay in South Lake Tahoe, thus keeping those dollars local as well.
ONE PLEDGE -- for ONE YEAR -- by ONE PERSON..…benefiting 11 major health-related local charities.
Join us in demonstrating:
ONE PERSON…can make a difference everyday and
our County Employees will lead the way!
Your success in the “Employees for a Healthier Community” will send a clear message that El Dorado County employees care, and they care enough to help their community.
An added benefit to this collaboration is that some of our employees or their family members access services provided by these organizations. Your support may directly benefit you or your coworkers as well.
El Dorado County
Employee Giving Campaign
- Many charities need our financial support; can just one person make a difference?
- Yes? By partnering with your co-worker who also wants to help!
- Circumstances may overwhelm us when economic times are rough, but our tenacious spirit will find a way to rise above adversity & do something great!
- The “Employees for a Healthier Community” campaign is a concept developed within our own community with 100% supporting local charities & no administration cost. All donations stay in El Dorado County. Funds raised in Tahoe will stay in South Lake Tahoe, thus keeping those dollars local as well.
- ONE PLEDGE - for ONE YEAR - by ONE PERSON…benefits 12 charities locally.
- Your campaign success will send a clear message that El Dorado County Employees care, and they care enough to help their community.
- An added benefit is that some of our employees or their family members access services provided by these organizations. Your support may directly benefit you or your coworkers as well.
The Nonprofit Partnership
P O Box 1996
Placerville, CA 95667
THE NONPROFIT PARTNERSHIP
Big Brothers Big Sisters of El Dorado County
Boys & Girls Club of El Dorado County
CASA El Dorado
Food Bank of El Dorado County
Hands 4 Hope
Marshall Foundation for Community Health
New Morning Youth and Family Services
Sierra Law Chaplaincy
The Center for Violence Free Relationships
Secure Donation Form