|Your Birth Experience
Our goal is to make your birth experience as much as possible what you want it to be. We encourage you to contact Birth Center staff at any point during your pregnancy to discuss your birthing preferences and we will be happy to assist you in planning for your big day. And, if things don't go quite as planned, we have that covered too.
Baby Friendly Hospital
Marshall observes the World Health Organization's Baby Friendly practices, which emphasize, among other things, mom-baby skin-to-skin contact immediately following a healthy birth, breastfeeding support and a family oriented experience. Your wishes are always primary, however.
Birth Center Security Measures
We provide a safe and secure environment for you to deliver your baby. We maintain limited, access contolled entry and departure from our unit, for your safety and that of your baby.
Families and friends naturally want to share in your joy, and you want to share it. Here are some pointers for you and to share with potential visitors:
- Assuming a trouble-free delivery, you will likely be at the Birth Center for a very short window of time and that time is best used for immeidate family and bonding with your baby. We recommend encouraging extended family and friends to visit you at home.
- For your safety, no more than three people, plus mom, are allowed in the delivery room. If a child will be in the room, there must be an adult to care for the child.
- We have a comfortable waiting room for visitors.
- We encourage visiting between the hours 12 noon and 9 p.m. These hours do not apply to your support person, other parent, grandparents and siblings of the newborn.
- Except for siblings of the newborn, children under 12 are not permitted in the Birth Center.
- Until we open the new Birth Center, we have semi-private rooms; often a patient has a room to herself, and if that's the case we offer "rooming in" for the support person. If a room must be shared, this is not possible, and visitors are limited to two visitors at a time.
Best Beginnings Program
Marshall has teamed with First 5 El Dorado to provide a valuable service after you go home, including a complimentary home visit from a nurse, to help ensure a trouble free adjustment period and help resolve any breasfeeding issues. Click the program name above for more information.