2008 Helping Hands Outstanding “Corporate” Award
THOMPSON'S AUTO & TRUCK CENTERS
Each day numerous corporations make a difference in their diversified
contributions to local charities. This award recognizes support that demonstrates an exemplary role in the community.
As a partner in health care, Thompson's has made a significant impact in its community.
They have provided exceptional support of “programs that care for people.”
1. Direct cash support to Marshall Foundation of over $55,000 for healthcare programs and services. An additional $15,000 of in-kind contributions
2. Major sponsor and friend of the Bob West Drive for Marshall tournament
3. Consistent supporter of Premiere Night for 8 years
4. Supporter of the Mathewson Nursing Scholarship Oktoberfest
5. Community partner in the 2001 campaign to raise needed funds for Digital Subtraction Angiography equipment at Marshall Hospital
6. Valued former member of the Board of Trustees for Marshall Foundation
7. Major donor to the 07 Emergency Services and Community Health Campaign
8. As a valued local business, Thompson's has generously provided service and philanthropic support to the local community for 20 years. Support includes:
Federated Church, EDHS Health Career Academy, EDC Schools Transportation, MORE/Kiwanis, EDHS Cougar Band Aides, EDC Search and Rescue, Miss El Dorado, Shenandoah High School, Timber Little League, All American Sports Academy, Placerville Arts Assoc., Sierra School Parent Club, El Dorado Community Foundation, Big Brother/Big Sisters, Smith Flat Grange, El Dorado Adventist School, EDC Art Council, Progress House, City of Placerville-Founder's Day, EDHS Booster Club, El Dorado Jr. Cougars, FGSL Softball, Sierra Gold Select Soccer, Sierra View Little League, Pony Express Little League, Blue Thunder, Wagon Train, Hangtown Jazz Jubilee, Sierra Ridge MS/Travis Massey, Dog-A-Thon, Green Valley Community Church, UMHS Football, Family Connections, City of Placerville, Kids Expo, American Cancer Society, National Night Out, Oak Ridge HS: Music Boosters, Donated Several Vehicles to local high school students and Rotary Club, EDHS Jr. Cougars Cheer, UMHS Basketball, EDHS Speech, Apple Hill Growers Assoc., Placerville Kiwanis, Placer Volleyball, Wheelbarrow Sponsor, Boy Scout Troop 859, New Hope Fellowship, Cameron Park Fire Dept., Snowline Little League, Cameron Park Christian Center, Crop Hunger Walk, American Diabetes Assoc., EDHS Booster/Wrestling, Seniors Day on Aging.
The commitment Thompson's Auto and Truck Centers has made to
Marshall Foundation makes a difference each and every day.
It is exemplary and most worthy of the 2008 Outstanding Corporate Award.