We look forward to providing excellent surgery and procecure care. Reviewing the following information can be helpful so that you're prepared as you approach your procedure date.
Marshall Pre-Op Registration: 530-626-2649
Scheduling Your Medical Procedure
Scheduling for your procedure will generally be managed through your physician's office. Once your surgery has been successfully scheduled, your doctor will also provide you with any other information you may need.
Before your Scheduled Procedure
Upon approval for surgery, your physician's office will contact your insurance company to obtain authorization. Insurance eligibility and benefits are also verified. If prior authorization has not been obtained, your surgery could be postponed. Without authorization, any services performed may become your financial responsibility.
Pre-Registration Information Telephone Call or Visit
The pre-op registration department may call to verify information including demographics and insurance information. Additionally, a surgery nurse may call to review medical information including how to prepare for your procedure, when to be at the facility, etc.
On this call, you will need:
- Your Social Security number
- Insurance information
- Demographic Information
Pre-Registration Interview & Assessment
Our Pre-Op Patient Admitting staff will schedule a convenient appointment with you to obtain pre-procedural health information and schedule any required pre-operative tests ordered by your physician, so that test results are back prior to your surgery. Alternately, your physician’s office may ask you to contact Marshall to get this scheduled.
Bring the following items with you:
- List of medications and dosages you are taking, along with any herbal products and over the counter medicine that you take regularly.
- Paperwork from your physician's office
- Pre-op lab request order (if any)
- Patients are seen by appointment. Walk-ins will be worked in as our schedule permits.
- Minors (18 years and younger) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Plan on 1 to 1-1/2 hours for the interview process. This includes all lab work, X-rays and an EKG if ordered by your physician.