Breast Feeding Coalition of El Dorado County
Raising Awareness of Breastfeeding Benefits
The Breastfeeding Coalition of El Dorado County comprises individuals representing
various groups, including Marshall Medical Center, working together to
raise awareness about the benefits of breastfeeding, as well as its prevalence
Our mission is to promote, protect and support breastfeeding as the preferred
way to feed infants for the first year of life and beyond.
Breastfeeding Coalition of El Dorado County objectives:
- Promote sustained breastfeeding by endorsing the Healthy Families 2010
objective: to increase the proportion of mothers who breastfeed their
babies following birth to 75%, those nursing at six months of age to 50%,
and those nursing at one year of age to 25%.
- Increase the number of physicians and other primary healthcare providers
in El Dorado County who include breastfeeding/lactation counseling and
referral as part of routine care.
- Provide accurate and consistent breastfeeding support, information and
resources to women, families, health professionals and the community.
- Encourage breastfeeding-friendly policies and procedures in all area hospitals,
birthing centers, local businesses and workplaces.
- Actively promote media coverage regarding the positive benefits of breastfeeding.
Help mothers and employers take advantage of the
Express Stop Program.
- Educate local city and county government officials on the benefits of breastfeeding
and involve them in promoting breastfeeding in El Dorado County.
The group welcomes your involvement and can be reached at