Especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is very important people stay
well by managing their chronic conditions and also address any new medical
concerns or symptoms. Marshall Medical Center physicians are available
to see patients, taking many measures to assure patients can come to the
hospital and clinics with low risk of exposure to COVID-19.
The following conditions are considered medically essential:
- Prenatal visits
- Well child visits and immunizations, especially 18 months and younger
- Chronic care visits
- Serious illness or injury, with same-day appointments available.
Measures are in place to lower the risk of exposure, while continuing to
provide medical services:
- At all Marshall facilities each day, everyone -- including patients, visitors,
staff and providers -- are screened for temperature and symptoms before
entering the hospital or a clinic building.
- Staff and providers with direct patient care interaction wear the recommended
personal protective equipment.
- Heightened precautions for sterilizing all patient care and public areas.
Marshall Medical Center is an independent, nonprofit community healthcare
provider located in the heart of the Sierra Foothills. Marshall Medical
Center includes Marshall Hospital, a fully accredited acute care facility
with 125 beds in Placerville; several outpatient facilities in Cameron
Park, El Dorado Hills and Georgetown; and many community health and education
programs. Marshall has over 200 licensed practitioners and over 1,600
employees providing quality healthcare services to over 180,000 residents
of El Dorado County.