Marshall Cardiac Rehabilitation
Education, Support & Training for Heart Health
If you've recently been diagnosed with a heart problem, heart failure
or heart attack, we can help.. Our mission is to give you quality, comprehensive
education and services and promote heart healthy lifestyle habits in a
supportive, caring environment.
The Cardiac Rehabilitation team is here to help. l-r: Beth Ronkovich, RN;
Reggie Higashi, exercise physiologist; Diana Samek, resource specialist;
Heather Doyle, RN.
Heart problems can change your life. Your doctor may be telling you to
make some major lifestyle changes. You want a healthier future, but where
do you begin? Cardiac Rehabilitation is a medically supervised exercise
and education program that will you help you:
- Strengthen your heart & cardiovascular system
- Learn the important steps necessary to reduce the risk of future heart problems
- Stay motivated to improve your health, through individual guidance and
The Importance of Exercise
Exercise is vital to your recovery. We offer a closely supervised exercise
program that is individualized for you. We monitor your heart while you
exercise, and we gradually increase your exercise levels as your physical
tolerance improves. You'll find the program fun, as you see yourself
progress and are able to use a variety of great equipment. And, after
you graduate, we offer ongoing exercise classes so you can keep up the
Conditions We Treat
Patients who are eligible for Cardiac Rehabilitation include those with
the following diagnoses:
- Myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG)
- Current stable angina pectoris
- Heart valve repair or replacement
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA)/ or coronary stenting
- Heart or heart-lung transplant
- Heart failure, those with left ventricular assist devices
- Coronary artery disease equivalents such as peripheral artery disease (PAD)
- Valvular (LVAD) Surgery
Monitoring Your Progress
While your physician will continue to be responsible for your medical care,
our Cardiac Rehab Medical Director teams up with the Cardiac Rehab staff
and your physician to oversee your care in the program.
Marshall's Cardiac Rehab team will help you and your family adjust
to your new lifestyle, and teach you skills to improve your health and
reduce your risk of future heart problems. We'll keep your physician
updated with regular reports regarding your progress.
The Ongoing Support You Need
Heart disease has many causes. Our knowledgeable and experienced staff
is here to help you. Education is provided so you can fully understand
your heart problem and know how to reduce heart disease progression.
Thoughts from our patients:
"The Cardiac Rehab program helped me feel rejuvenated! I enjoyed
all the education programs and learned quite a bit from them!"
"I was very impressed with the Marshall Cardiac Rehab program. They
helped me become more aware of things I wasn't aware of before. I'm
impressed with myself and now see a noticeable difference in my overall
Cardiac Rehab is a medically prescribed and supervised program and many
insurance companies cover the cost. Our staff will be happy to explain
the cost of the program to you and can help verify your insurance coverage.
(530) 626-2766 for more information on cardiac rehabilitation. Medical information can
be faxed to