Marshall Community Health Library
Health Information in El Dorado County
3581 Palmer Drive, Suite 101
Phone: (530) 626-2778
Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
(Library hours are subject to change due to meetings and events--please
feel free to phone us to confirm open hours on the day of your visit.)
The Marshall Community Health Library's mission is to promote health
and support evidence-based medical decision-making, by providing El Dorado
County residents and healthcare providers with reliable medical information,
literature research services and educational wellness workshops.
The Community Health Library
- Is a public library serving community members and healthcare providers,
free of charge.
- Offers 5000 resources including books for adults and children, journals,
CDs & DVDs in English and Spanish - all available for free loan. Topics
include: nutrition, mental health, fitness, dementia, pregnancy, caregiving,
aging, children's health, and complementary therapies.
Shares an online catalog with El Dorado County library:
- Conducts literature searches for community members, medical center employees,
- Provides three computers with privacy screens and free internet access
to reliable health information. Staff is available at all times to assist.
- Provides free access to the natural medicines comprehensive database, professional
version. Data includes levels of effectiveness, interactions, and links
to relevant studies in PubMed.
- Serves as a referral point for health related support groups and community
- Is a member of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NLM). Benefits
include fast and free access to full-text medical journal articles for
Materials available in the Community Health Library do not imply approval
or recommendation by the library or Marshall Medical Center.