Marshall Community Health Library
The Library is currently closed.
As we develop re-opening plans, we are prepared to assist you.
Our Library staff is available virtually during business hours to assist
you via phone or email.
Click here to fill out an application for library privileges.
Phone: (530) 626-2778
Curbside pick up is available on the following dates:
July 15th from 10am-12pm
July 16th from 10am-12pm
July 22nd from 10am-12pm
July 23rd from 10am-12pm
July 29th from 10am-12pm
July 30th from 10am-12pm
To view the Library’s catalog, visit
https://eldoradolibrary.org/ to search for resources located in our Library. Provide us with the title
of the items you wish to borrow and we will have those ready for you on
the designated dates and time of curbside pick up.
Health Information in El Dorado County
3581 Palmer Drive, Suite 101
Phone: (530) 626-2778
Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
(Library hours are subject to change due to meetings and events--please
feel free to phone us to confirm open hours on the day of your visit.)
The Marshall Community Health Library's mission is to promote health
and support evidence-based medical decision-making, by providing El Dorado
County residents and healthcare providers with reliable medical information,
literature research services and educational wellness workshops.
The Community Health Library
- Is a public library serving community members and healthcare providers,
free of charge.
- Offers 5000 resources including books for adults and children, journals,
CDs & DVDs in English and Spanish - all available for free loan. Topics
include: nutrition, mental health, fitness, dementia, pregnancy, caregiving,
aging, children's health, and complementary therapies.
Shares an online catalog with El Dorado County library:
- Conducts literature searches for community members, medical center employees,
- Provides three computers with privacy screens and free internet access
to reliable health information. Staff is available at all times to assist.
- Provides free access to the natural medicines comprehensive database, professional
version. Data includes levels of effectiveness, interactions, and links
to relevant studies in PubMed.
- Serves as a referral point for health related support groups and community
- Is a member of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NLM). Benefits
include fast and free access to full-text medical journal articles for
Materials available in the Community Health Library do not imply approval
or recommendation by the library or Marshall Medical Center.