Marshall Community Health Library
Health Information in El Dorado County
3581 Palmer Drive, Suite 101
Phone: (530) 626-2778
Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
(Library hours are subject to change due to meetings and events--please
feel free to phone us to confirm open hours on the day of your visit.)
The Marshall Community Health Library's mission is to promote health
and support evidence-based medical decision-making, by providing El Dorado
County residents and healthcare providers with reliable medical information,
literature research services and educational wellness workshops.
The Community Health Library
- Is a public library serving community members and healthcare providers,
free of charge.
- Offers 5000 resources including books for adults and children, journals,
CDs & DVDs in English and Spanish - all available for free loan. Topics
include: nutrition, mental health, fitness, dementia, pregnancy, caregiving,
aging, children's health, and complementary therapies.
Shares an online catalog with El Dorado County library:
- Conducts literature searches for community members, medical center employees,
- Provides three computers with privacy screens and free internet access
to reliable health information. Staff is available at all times to assist.
- Provides free access to the natural medicines comprehensive database, professional
version. Data includes levels of effectiveness, interactions, and links
to relevant studies in PubMed.
- Serves as a referral point for health related support groups and community
- Is a member of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NLM). Benefits
include fast and free access to full-text medical journal articles for
Children's Storytime and Parent Wellness Workshop
- Interactive storytime about safe and healthy habits
- Hands-on play activities
- Parents: discover easy stress-redution techniques, resources and information
Click here for dates, times and more details.
Materials available in the Community Health Library do not imply approval
or recommendation by the library or Marshall Medical Center.