Cancer Resource Center
Questions, concerns, worries, fears and hopes are all part of the process
for a patient diagnosed with cancer. Cancer patients and their families
often find it difficult to navigate and process the information needed
to sort through the array of available therapeutic options and decide
what is right for them. In addition to education, outreach, social services
as well as printed resources, Marshall’s Cancer Resource Center
provides a vast array of classes, support groups and services. Most services
below are available to anyone impacted by cancer in El Dorado County,
regardless of Marshall patient status.
Call us at (530) 672-7050 for information or to make an appointment.
The Cancer Resource Center offers the following services:
- Two Oncology Patient Navigators on staff to address questions and help
navigate through treatment.
- Full time Oncology Social Worker on staff to address non-medical needs
and concerns like work, insurance, emotional well-being, help at home, etc.
- Registered Dietitian available to address dietary questions and concerns
for those going through treatment.
- Support for patients, family and caregivers
- Transportation Assistance
- Weekly New Patient Treatment Orientation
- Lymphedema Education
- Look Good, Feel Better Class
Images of Hope: Healing Arts and Movement
- Images of Hope is a local nonprofit that partners with Marshall Medical
Center to provide monthly therapeutic and supportive services free of
charge to cancer patients and caregivers. Images of Hope also sponsors
various events that encourage cancer screening and early detection, and
strives to reflect the creativity of our community.
- Monthly therapeutic and supportive services offered free of charge to patients
and caregivers. Images of Hope also sponsors various events that encourage
screenings and early detection, and reflect the creativity of our community.
- Massage with a licensed oncology massage therapist
- Equine Therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
- Pilates, Yoga and Mindful Movement Classes
- Tranquil Journeys Guided Meditation
- Music Therapy
- Additional resources available upon request
- Max the Dog
Cancer Support Groups
- Prostate Cancer Support Group - first Thursday of each month at 3:00 p.m.
- Breast Cancer Support Group - second Thursday of each month at 3:30 p.m.
- Ostomy Support Group - third Thursday of each month at 1:00 p.m.
Onsite American Cancer Society Wig Bank
- One free wig per person going through treatment
- Scarves and hats also available
530-672-7050 for an appointment
- Free mammogram assistance for the under-insured
- Free FIT (colon cancer screening) for eligible patients
To learn more about the Cancer Resource Center, call