Surgery & Procedures at Marshall Medical Center
Marshall Medical Center offers surgical procedures at Marshall Hospital
in Placerville and the Marshall Surgery Center in Cameron Park. Where
you have your procedure will depend on the type of surgery or procedure
you’re having, as well as your surgeon and scheduling needs.
Our surgery staff is experienced and caring, consisting of board certified
surgeons and nursing/clinical staff who are highly trained in preoperative
and postoperative care for patients of all ages. Regardless of whether
or not you have had surgery before or this is your first experience, our
team will guide you through every step of the process to ensure a safe
operation and speedy recovery.
Marshall has invested in modern technology and equipment needs for our
local community. Our operating suite is dedicated to providing advanced,
minimally invasive surgeries utilizing the
da Vinci robotic surgery system.
Your successful outcome and comfort, whether as an outpatient or inpatient,
is our priority. We explore minimally invasive treatments before recommending
open surgery. A minimally invasive operation requires few, if any, incisions,
resulting in shorter recovery times and a reduced risk of infections.
Most minimally invasive procedures can be done on an outpatient basis.
Surgery Centers in Marshall Hospital & Cameron Park
In general, the surgery center in Cameron Park accommodates simpler procedures
on an outpatient basis, whereas procedures done at Marshall Hospital can
be either simple or complex and are done both as outpatient and inpatient.
Below are some of the types of surgeries and procedures available at Marshall.
This list is not exhaustive, so please call or discuss with your physician
to see if the surgery you need is performed at Marshall.
- Type of Surgery/Procedure
- Marshall Hospital
- Cameron Park Surgery Center
- Diagnostic Heart Catheterization
- Pacemaker/Defibrillation implants
- Childbirth (caesarian section)
- Endoscopy – upper and lower
- General Surgery (Minimally invasive options including Da Vinci robotic
assisted and laparoscopic)
- Gynecology (Minimally invasive options including Da Vinci robotic assisted
- Orthopedics, including total joint replacements (knee, hip, shoulder) and
- Pain Management (epidural steroid injections; pain management implants)
- Trauma (some cases)
- Urology (laser procedures for prostate problems available; procedures for
Marshall Medical Center for more information at