Chat with your care team – anytime, anywhere
Connect with your care team from home using Marshall MyChart video visits
The Marshall MyChart app brings the care team to you with convenient video visits.
You can use your smartphone or tablet for:
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Pre- and post-procedure care
- Mental health follow-ups and psychology related services
- Diabetes management, pharmacy consultations and reconciliations
- Oncology follow-ups
What you should do to prepare for your visit
To make a video visit appointment
- First, confirm that your Marshall Medical provider offers video visits
and has upcoming availability. You can either call their office, or message
them from the Marshall MyChart or Epic MyChart® apps if you already use them.
- If you don’t already have a Marshall MyChart account, request access
to it from your provider’s office, and they will provide you an
activation code. Then download the app using the instructions on this
page, below. Use the activation code to log in and create your own user
ID and password.
- If your provider participates in video visits and is available for one,
they will schedule a video visit in the Appointments tab of your Marshall
MyChart or Epic MyChart® account. An appointment reminder is sent.
- Before your video visit, make sure you have a strong and secure Wi-Fi or
Don't have the Marshall MyChart app?
Video visits are completed using either the Marshall MyChart or Epic MyChart®
mobile apps. To begin using the Marshall MyChart app, search and download from the
App Store or
Google Play Store. Once downloaded, open the app and accept the end-user license agreement,
then create a user account or sign in with your Epic MyChart® username
How to begin your video visit
Once you have the Marshall MyChart app or Epic MyChart® app and your
video visit appointment appears in the Appointments tab, follow the steps
below to complete your video visit.
Step 1: Five to 10 minutes before your appointment, log in to the Marshall
MyChart or Epic MyChart® mobile app and press the Appointments icon.
Step 2: Press the scheduled Video Visit appointment slot.
Step 3: Press Begin Visit to connect your video call. It may take up to
20 seconds for the camera screen to activate. Rotate your screen horizontally
for the landscape view.
If this is your first video visit, click “allow access to the microphone
and camera” from the pop-up
For questions or access support, call
Helpful tips and tricks for
video visit appointments
- Make sure you have a strong and secure Wi-Fi connection. A 4G or LTE connection
works, however you may experience interruptions due to a weak signal
- Find a setting where you can talk freely and avoid distractions during
- Be sure to eliminate all background noises and mute TVs and music
- Choose a well-lit area, so your doctor can see you. Avoid shaded areas,
sitting in front of windows or behind shiny backgrounds as they can reflect light
- Use your camera to show your care team medications, rashes or wounds
- Be prepared with a list of questions to ask your care team